Star Trek TOS comics

I've been a Trekkie since the 70s when I first watched Star Trek TOS in B&W. The sets were ridiculous, William Shatner was pathetic, but I loved every minute of it. 10 years later when I discovered Pocket Books novels I was on cloud nine. But for some reason I stayed away from Star Trek comics. Not any more as my growing Star Trek comics collection shows :)



Star Trek: All of Me


An oldie from Wildstorm. Good read. No idea why they stop publishing Star Trek comics.





Star Trek: Klingons - Blood Will Tell #1-5


No one was happier then me when a year ago, not long after I really got into comics, IDW announced that they are going to publish new Star Trek comics.

This mini series is brilliant. Each of issues #1-4 takes a classic episode from TOS and tells it from the Klingon's point of view. The ending issue #5 was amazing. I never saw it coming.





Star Trek: Tests of Courage
A good oldie from DC found at my local 2nd hand books shop.


Star Trek: The Modala Imperative

Another good oldie from DC found at the 2nd hand book shop. Had that book for ages but didn't bother reading it till last year. Was very surprised how good Star Trek comics are.


Star Trek: Year four #1-5

Although TOS was supposed to be a 5 years mission, the show was canceled after only 3 years. This series is supposed to be the 4th year that was never shown on TV. The main problem of this series is the writer David Tischman. He have good story ideas but when it comes to the final product I always get the feeling that somewhere around page 20 he suddenly realise that he has only 4 more pages and jumps to end with out bothering to tell how he got there from where the story was to page 20. And to me a 24 pages is too short for a good Star Trek story.





0 Responses to "Star Trek TOS comics"